The Ten Commandments of Working with (for?) Your Wife
10. Thou shalt not forget to stock the beer with fridge, I mean the fridge with beer, prior to the beginning of the project.
9. Thou shalt not obsessively play video games during the project period, or play video games at all, for that matter.
8. Thou shalt not take breaks to use the bathroom, eat a meal, sleep or go to work. Beer and, occasionally, water will be brought to you as needed.
7. Thou shalt not let it slip that “it would probably just be easier to build a whole new website from scratch rather than customize an already existing theme.”
6. Thou shalt not take on an uber-important and time-consuming project at your “real job” during the same timeframe as the project, or thou wilt be digesting what could be an unsafe amount of Excedrin Tension Control.
5. Thou shalt not eat gas-inducing foods. See number 8.
4. Thou shalt not “misplace” your cell phone charger for a couple days or otherwise cause yourself to be unreachable between the hours of 6:15 AM & 11:59 PM.
3. Thou shalt not sign out of g-mail chatEver.
2. Thou shalt not become so involved in the project that you give your wife the credit card when she tells you she just needs to purchase one thing for your toddler’s upcoming birthday party.
1. Thou shalt not assume you won’t have to write your monthly post due to the fact that you’ve been working your ASS off, as this just means your wife will write it for you and make you sound whipped.